Animals By Order
diet based on meat.
Animals By Conservation Status
- A multi-cellular constitution, which means that the structure of every member of animal kingdom is formed by more than one cell, independently from the sub-kingdom. This feature differences animals from protozoa which are unicellular organisms.
- Every animal presents on its structure eukaryotic cells which are cells with a real core which contains the deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) which constitutes the genetic information of the animal.
- An animal cell does not have a cellular wall, these cells are separated from their environment by just a membrane, and therefore they are more flexible than vegetable cells which indeed have walls.
- The bodies of the animals present differenced tissues except sponges. Plants also present differenced tissues, but the tissues of animals are characteristic, among them we can find the nervous tissue which allows the flow of electric impulses and the muscles which allow the movement and locomotion.
- All the animals are capable of voluntarily moving from one place to another at any stage of their lives. Those animals that have to spend their adult lives on a fixed place like corals are capable of moving from one place to another pm pre-adult stages, for instance, when they are on a larval stage. Movement capacity is a direct consequence of the structure of members of animal kingdom, the presence of muscle and nervous tissue is what allows the movement on animals.
- Animals have an internal or external skeleton which provides support for the body and internal organs. In the case of vertebrate animals, they have an internal skeleton and it is formed by bones. In the case of invertebrate animals, the skeleton can be external (exoskeleton) which is mainly formed by chitin, they can also have internal hydrostatic skeleton which is formed by pressurized fluid that is present on mollusks, worms and nematodes.
- All the animals have an internal digestive tract; therefore they are feed by the ingestion of foods which are processed by the digestive system to nourish the organism. Animals also discard the waste left by food processing after digestion.
- These individuals present precise limits except corals; they are clearly separated from their environment and from other individuals of the same species.
- Animals present two different genres and they sexually reproduce however there are some species which can also asexually reproduce. The reproduction takes place when the sperm of the male member fertilizes the ovule of the female member.
- Most of animals are Heterotrophs, it means that they are unable to produce their food therefore they should be fed by other organism in order to survive.
Due to the great amount of threats which affect species present on our planet, it was necessary to make an evaluation of the vulnerability of these species in order to promote diverse conservation initiatives and plans for species protection. There are many species in danger of extinction and the governments of every country are working to promote the preservation of these species, some of these species include the Imperial Iberian Eagle, Sea Turtle, Giant Panda, African Black Rhino, Whale and the Grizzly Bear among others.